So it’s been a hell of a year, huh? But in terms of writing – well, let’s see how I did this time around:
– Finish the current draft of Silver in the Ashes (Argentum in Aqua #2). Nope, but that’s alright – rather take it slow and steady than rush it and post chapters I’m not happy with.
– If I manage the above, post at least one chapter of Fire in the Sky (Argentum in Aqua #3) before the start of 2023. Again, nope, but see above.
– Make at least ten story submissions. Only five, because running LARP doesn’t leave much time for anything else… and also because I sold two stories! Which means I am officially ending this year as a published author, which more than makes up for anything else.
– Finish and post the next chapter of Seventh Son. Alas no. Sorry, poor hiatused project – maybe I’ll pick you back up after I’ve finished running the game in August.
– Get at least 25,000 words done for NaNoWriMo 2022. And how! 50k done, even with running LARP and a mildly busted writing hand. Really bloody pleased with myself for that.
– Finish, edit, and submit another short story. Done and done – and, not only that, it was one of the two stories I sold, and it sold to the first place I submitted it to.
I also wrote over 300,000 words this year, which is definitely not nothing! Managed to virtually attend the Nebulas, Flights of Foundry, and WorldCon again, as well as participating in a fair pile of Twitter writing games and similar to keep my brain ticking over.
All in all, a pretty damn solid year (and, again, now officially a published author and slowly building my eligibility for SFWA membership, so!)
And, without further ado:
2023 WRITING GOALS (which are pretty much entirely 2022’s goals all over again)
– Finish the current draft of Silver in the Ashes (Argentum in Aqua #2).
– If I manage the above, post at least one chapter of Fire in the Sky (Argentum in Aqua #3) before the start of 2024.
– Make at least ten story submissions.
– Finish and post the next chapter of Seventh Son.
– Win NaNoWriMo 2023.
– Sell another short story
– Write at least 10k for at least one Camp NaNo event
– Earn enough from writing to qualify for SFWA Associate Membership